The scheme aims at providing an opportunity for students to interact with and learn from alumni. Alumni will act as mentors to share with students their life experiences, successful stories in academic study and career development.
Eligibility: All undergraduate students
- Application starts in the beginning of every academic year and details will be announced on Student E-bulletin Board.
- Based on the background and preference of participating alumni (mentors) and students (mentees), they will be matched to form a group with 2 to 4 people.
- Alumni and Development Office and Career Development Centre will organize a series of activities throughout the programme period so as to create interacting opportunity for mentors and mentees.
- Mentees are always suggested to contact their mentors directly and actively via their preferred methods, such as telephone, email or face to face meeting, etc.
- At the end of the programme, mentees who fulfill certain requirements and gain their mentors' recommendations are eligible to nominate "Best Mentee Award"
Comments from students
(Abstracted from students' evaluation)
- My mentor provided me valuable advice on career planning and development.
- I learnt a lot from my mentor's experience sharing and which was not able to learn in class and found in textbook.
- During my conversation with my mentor, I learnt the current trend of the industry and updated information.
- This programme helped me to build up my personal network, I did made new friends who were from different faculties and different industries.