● The role of social capital and cultural capital in the creation of human capital among youth in China and Macau.
● The study of civil society in China and Macau
● Gene-environmental interaction in predicting youth behavior
2015-2018 "A panel study of parental involvement, parenting style and adolescent development in a changing Chinese society".
2011- 2013 Multiple Year Research Grant “Youth Associational Participation, Internet Use and Online Political Participation” A case in China, Macau and Taiwan.
2009 - 2014 Hong Kong Adolescents and Youth Longitudinal Study (HK-AYLS) Chinese Project Title: 香港青少年追蹤研究. Co-PI
2008 - 2010 “Cultural capital and social capital in the creation of human capital among Macau Adolescents”.
2007 - 2008 “The Effects of the Prosperity of the Gaming Industry on College Enrollment in Macau”
● Wang, Hongyu & Tianji Cai “Parental Involvement, Adolescents’ Inner Motivational Resources, and Academic Achievement: A Case in Urban China”. International Journal of Psychology, forthcoming. DOI: 10.1002/ijop.12188
● Guo Guang, et al. Wang, Hongyu“A natural experiment of peer influences on youth alcohol use" Social Science Research 52 (2015) 193–207.
● Guo Guang, et al. Wang, Hongyu“Peer Influence, Genetic Propensity, and Binge Drinking: A Natural Experiment and a Replication”. American Journal of Sociology, November 2015 issue (vol. 121, no. 3).
● Wang, Hongyu “The Relationship between Parenting Styles and Academic and Behavioral Adjustment in Urban Chinese Adolescents”. Chinese Sociological Review, 2014 Summer, vol. 46, no. 4, Summer 2014, pp. 19–40.
● Wang, Hongyu and Eva P.W. Hung (2012). “Associational participation and political involvement inMacau: A path analysis”. Issues and studies, V48: 191-212. .
● Wang, Hongyu ( 2011-2012 Winter). “The Effects of Cultural Capital on Educational Aspirations among Adolescents in Macau”. Chinese Sociological Review, V44, 52-75.
● Wang, Hongyu, Miosi Kong, Wenjing Shan and SouKuanVong (2010). “The Effects of Doing Part-time jobs on College Student Academic Performance and Social Life in a Chinese Society.” Journal of Education and Work 23: 79-94.
● Guo, Guang, Tianji Cai, Rui Guo, Hongyu Wang and Kathleen M. Harris. (2010). “The Dopamine Transporter Gene, a Spectrum of Most Common Risky Behaviors, and the Legal Status of the Behaviors.” PLoS ONE 5(2): e9352. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0009352.
● Wang, Hongyu and Grace Kao (2007). “Does Higher Socioeconomic Status Increase Contact between Minorities and Whites An Examination of International Romantic Relationships among Adolescents.” Social Science Quarterly 88: 146-164.
● Wang, Hongyu, Grace and Kara Joyner (2006). “Stability of Interracial and Intraracial Romantic Relationships.” Social Science Research 35: 435-453.
● Wang, Hongyu, Furstenberg, Frank F., Waller and Maureen R. (2003). "The Well-Being Of California’s Children." Public Policy Institute of California.
● Wang, Hongyu and Paul R. Amato (2000). “Predictors of Divorce Adjustment: Stressor Resources, and Definitions.” Journal of Marriage and the Family 62: 655-668.
American Journal of Sociology
Social Science Research Issues and Studies
Journal of Education and Work
Chinese Sociological Review
● Population Association of America
● American Sociological Association
● Eastern Sociological Society
Introduction to sociology
Classical sociological theory
Gender and society
Quantitative social research methods I? & II
Practicum I & II
Integrative seminar and paper in the major I & II
Selected topics in Sociology
Problem solving approach to social science research design—a seminar in methodology at Ph.D level
Population and Society
Advanced Research Methods II
Quantitative Data Analysis