• Ph.D. (Social Psychology) University of California
• M.A. (Experimental Psychology) California State University
• M.Ed. (Educational Psychology) Boston University
• B.A. (General Psychology) Boston University
• Chartered Psychologist (Organizational Psychology) British Psychological Society
• Psychologist Practicing Certificate, British Psychological Society
• Editorial Board Member, Leadership
Leadership is an international, peer-reviewed SAGE Publications journal based in the UK.
• Editorial Board Member, Advances in Applied Sociology
Published by Scientific Research Publishing, Irvine, California, USA.
• The Academy of Management
• The British Psychological Society
• Taormina, R. J., Gao, J. H., & Kuok, A. C. H. (2022). Measuring specific traditional Chinese values in relation to satisfaction of the five Maslow needs. Psychological Thought, 15(1), 132-164. [Please see the PDF attached]
• Taormina, R.J., & Urbano, L.S. (2020). Building the Italian economy: A proposal for the renaissance of the Italian municipalities. Advances in Applied Sociology, 10(8), 299-312. [Full Text (PDF File)]
• Taormina, R.J. (2019). Plato as prophet. Open Journal for Studies in Philosophy, 3(2), 25-36. [Full Text (PDF File)]
• Taormina, R. J. (2019). Helping shy employees with career success: The impact of organizational socialization. Psychological Thought, 12(1), 41-62. [Full Text (PDF File)]
• Taormina, R. J. (2018). The Lightning Theory of the Origin of the Universe: With explanations of space, time, and the creation of gravity. Scholar’s Press, ISBN: 978-6202310550. [Amazon Books Page]
• Taormina, R.J. (2017). Adherence to Chinese traditional values: Correlates and determinants. International Journal of Social Science and Humanity, 7(9), 612-617. http://www.ijssh.org/vol7/894-SE1015.pdf
• Taormina, R.J., & Gao, J.H. (2014). Make presentations with confidence: The essentials for Asian scholars (让演讲充满自信:亚洲学者必备). Beijing: China National Social Sciences Press & University of Macau (joint publication). [Book] ISBN: 978-7-5161-4125-0.
• Taormina, R. (2014) Social harmony in decision making: Costs and benefits in Chinese society. Open Journal of Social Sciences, 2(5), 128-134. DOI: 10.4236/jss.2014.25026.
• Wei, W., & Taormina, R.J. (2014). A new multidimensional measure of personal resilience and its use: Chinese nurse resilience, organizational socialization, and career success. Nursing Inquiry, 21(4), 346-357.
• Taormina, R.J., & Gao, J.H. (2013). Maslow and the motivation hierarchy: Measuring satisfaction of the needs. American Journal of Psychology, 126(2), 155-177.
• Taormina, R.J., & Ho, I.K.M. (2012). Intimate relationship quality: Predictors across genders for dating, engaged, and married individuals. Journal of Relationships Research, 3(1), 24-43.
• Chang, K., & Taormina, R.J. (2011). Reduced secondary trauma among Chinese earthquake rescuers: A test of correlates and life indicators. Journal of Loss and Trauma, 16(6), 542-562.
• Wei, W., & Taormina, R.J. (2011). Factors influencing work efficiency in China. Advances in Applied Sociology, 1(1), 56-63.
• Taormina, R.J. & Gao, J.H. (2010). A research model for guanxi behavior: Antecedents, measures, and outcomes of Chinese social networking. Social Science Research, 39(6), 1195-1212.
• Taormina, R.J. (2010). The art of leadership: An evolutionary perspective. International Journal of Arts Management, 13(1), 41-55.
• Taormina, R.J., & Chong, K.Y. (2010). Purchasing counterfeit and legitimate products in China: Social and psychological correlates and predictors. Journal of East-West Business, 16(2), 118-145.
• Taormina, R.J. (2009). Social and personality concomitants of gambling attitudes and behavior among Chinese residents in the casino economy of Macau. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 26(8), 1047-1071.
• Taormina, R.J., & Kuok, A.C. (2009). Factors related to casino dealer burnout and turnover intention in Macau: Implications for casino management. International Gambling Studies, 9(3), 275-294.
• Taormina, R.J. (2009). Organizational socialization: The missing link between employee needs and organizational culture. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 24(7), 650-676.
• Taormina, R.J. & Gao, J.H. (2009). Identifying acceptable performance appraisal criteria: An international perspective. Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources, 47(1), 102-125.
• Taormina, R.J. (2008). Interrelating leadership behaviors, organizational socialization, and organizational culture. Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 29(1), 85-102.
• Taormina, R.J. & Gao, J.H. (2008). A comparison of work enthusiasm and its antecedents in two Chinese cultures. Journal of Asia Business Studies, 2(2), 13-22.
• Taormina, R.J. (2007). Voyages of discovery: Sailing the research ocean to discover new worlds! (Positivist perspectives on educating researchers in psychology). The Psychologist, 20(11), 687.
• Taormina, R.J., & Lao, K.M. (2007). Measuring Chinese entrepreneurial motivation: Personality and environmental influences. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour and Research, 13(4), 200-221.
• Taormina, R.J., Gao, J.H., & Lasker, G.E. (Eds.). (2006). The applied psychology of values, ethics,
and management in organizations. Ontario, Canada: IIAS. ISBN 1897233701.
• Taormina, R.J., & Toraskar, K.V. (2006). The effects of individual differences, perceived distance,
and hierarchical status on ethical decision making. In Taormina, R.J., Gao, J.H., & Lasker, G.E. (Eds.), The applied psychology of values, ethics, and management in organizations. Ontario, Canada: IIAS. ISBN 1897233701.
• Taormina, R.J. (2006). Cultural differences in psychological reactions to imposed restrictions on individual freedom. Special Symposium on Individual Freedom and Individual Responsibility. 18th International Conference on Systems Research. Baden-Baden, Germany.
• Taormina, R.J., & Selvarajah, C. (2005). Perceptions of leadership excellence in ASEAN nations. Leadership, 1(3), 299-322.
• Taormina, R.J., & Gao, J.H. (2005). Effects of organizational socialization on work enthusiasm in two Chinese cultures. 65th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management. Honolulu, USA.
• Taormina, R.J. (2005). Developing leadership excellence to meet future challenges. Invited Keynote Address. 2nd International Symposium on Strategic Planning for the Future: Visions and Challenges. Franzensbad, Czech Republic.
• Taormina, R.J. (2005). When cultures collide: Antecedents and consequences of unethical behavior across cultures. Special Symposium on Ethics. 17th International Conference on Systems Research. Baden-Baden, Germany.
• Gao, J.H. & Taormina, R.J. (2005). Factors influencing work dedication among Chinese employees.
5th International Symposium on Multinational Business Management and Human Resource Management and Development in a Transitional Economy. Nanjing, China.
• Taormina, R.J. (2004). Convergent validation of two measures of organizational socialization. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 15, 76-94.
• Taormina, R.J. (2003). Meta-ethics East and West: Ethical decision making across cultures. In I. Smit, & W. Wallach (Eds.), Cognitive, emotive, and ethical aspects of decision-making. Windsor, Canada: IIAS.
• Taormina, R.J. (2001). Cultures as systems. In G.E. Lasker (Ed.), Advances in systems research and cybernetics. Windsor, Canada: IIAS.
• Taormina, R.J., & Bauer, T.N. (2000). Organizational socialization in contrasting cultures: Results
from the United States and Hong Kong. International Journal of Organizational Analysis, 8(3), 262-289.
• Taormina, R.J., & Law, C.M. (2000). Approaches to preventing burnout: The effects of personal
stress management & organizational socialization. Journal of Nursing Management, 8(2), 89-99.
• Taormina, R.J. (1998). Employee attitudes toward organizational socialization in the People's Republic of China, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, 34, 468-485.
• Taormina, R.J. (1997). Organizational socialization: A multidomain, continuous process model. International Journal of Selection and Assessment, 5(1), 29-47.
• Taormina, R.J. (1994) The Organizational Socialization Inventory. International Journal of Selection
and Assessment, 2(3), 133-145.
• Williams, S., & Taormina, R.J. (1992). Group polarization on business decisions in Singapore. Journal
of Social Psychology, 132(2), 265-267.
• Taormina, R.J., Messick, D., Wilke, H., & Iwawaki, S. (1988). Cross Cultural perspectives on foreign aid deservingness decisions. Journal of Cross Cultural Psychology, 19(4), 387-412.
• Taormina, R.J., & Messick, D. (1983). Deservingness for foreign aid: Effects of need, similarity and estimated effectiveness. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 13(5), 371-391.
• Doctoral Thesis Supervision (DYBA999)
• Leadership in Organizations (IMBB111)
• Graduate Research Methodology (IMBB106)
• Masters Thesis Supervision (IMBB999)
• Business Research (MGMT315)
• Cultural Influences on Management (MGMT407)
• Introduction To Psychology I (PSYC101)
• Introduction To Psychology II (PSYC102)
• Research Method I In Psychology (PSYC201)
• Research Method II In Psychology (PSYC202)
• Organizational Psychology (PSYC302)
• Senior Thesis Research I (PSYC401)
• Senior Thesis Research II (PSYC402)
• Research Thesis I (PSYG798)
• Research Thesis II (PSYG799)
• Applied Social Psychology And Management (PSYC405)