The World Business Ethics Forum (WBEF) was co-founded by the University of Macau (UM) and the Hong Kong
Baptist University (HKBU) in 2006 and runs every two years on a rotational basis. WBEF provides an open platform
for academics and practitioners from around the world to share and discuss ideas and issues related to new thinking and
research findings in the broad area of business ethics.
The 7th WBEF will be held from 2 December to 4 December 2018 at the Banyan Tree Macau (Day 1 and Day 2) and
Hang Seng Management College (Day 3). Registration and welcome reception will be held on Day 1, regular sessions
will be held on Day 2 and PhD symposium, poster and additional regular sessions will be held on Day 3.
The theme for the 2018 forum is “Business Ethics, Leadership and the New Economy”. We invite the submission of
research papers that advance our understanding of this broad theme for presentation at this Forum. Theoretical, empirical,
and clinical approaches are all welcome. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Ethical decision making in a business and its impact on firm performance
2. Business ethics, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability
3. Influence of business ethics on corporate and consumers’ behavior
4. Business ethics, organizational structure, and corporate governance
5. Ethical leadership and executive compensation
6. Education of business ethics in schools and companies
7. Regulation, rule of law, and business ethics
8. Compliance of business ethics
9. Cross-cultural comparison of business ethics
10. Social culture, gender, religion, and economic crimes in business
11. Business ethics issues in the gaming industry.
12. Business ethics issues in the hospitality industry.
13. Business ethics issues in the financial services industry.
14. Case studies in business ethics.
Chairman, Sunwah Group
Group Advisor and Galaxy Casino S.A.'s Managing Director, GEG
Permanent Honorary President, The Chinese General Chamber of Commerce
Director of Service-Learning and Professor of Management, Lingnan University
Organizing Committee (HSUHK):
Prof. Bradley BARNES, Dean of School of Business
Dr. Felix Tang, Associate Professor, Department of Marketing
Organizing Committee (UM):
Prof. Jacky SO (Conference Chair), Dean of FBA
Prof. Minghua LIU, Associate Professor of Finance
Prof. Susan REN, Associate Professor of Finance
Prof. Zhuo QIAO, Associate Professor of Business Economics
Dr. Patrick CHU, Assistant Professor of Decision Sciences
Dr. Tony SAM, Assistant Professor of Business Information Systems
Dr. Zenon UDANI, Assistant Professor of Management
Dr. Isabel FU, Assistant Professor of Marketing
Dr. Candy Tang, Assistant Professor of International Integrated Resort Management