Q1: Who is eligible to apply for the exchange programme?
Our target students are the juniors, seniors and post graduate students. Students who have a CGPA more than 2.0 are welcomed to join our programme. 

Q2: Can potential graduate students join the exchange programme?
Application of exchange programmes is open for current students only. Once you graduate from UM, and your student status marked as “non-active” student, you are not eligible to join. Therefore, potential graduate students can only join the summer programmes, but not the exchange programmes.

Q3: When can I apply, and how can I apply for the exchange programme?
The application period of the exchange programme is usually open for a week in September (applying for exchange in spring semester) and February (applying for exchange in fall semester). The exact dates for application would be announced on the FBA exchange webpage and by e-channel to the potential exchange students.

Q4: Do I need to prepare a recommendation letter when apply for the exchange programme?
It depends on the CGPA you have got and the schools you want to choose. The applicants whose CGPA is lower than 2.5 much submit a recommendation letter to FBA as reference. Besides, if the school you choose requires a recommendation letter, you need to obtain one as well. There are cases of on demand special request due to the interest of programme coordinators of FBA.

Q5: How many schools can I choose?
All applicants can select three alternatives when they apply for the exchange programme.

Q6: Which school should I choose?
We highly recommend our applicants to choose their school selections wisely. Before every application period, FBA would upload the newest school selection list for the following semester. The applicants can make their selections out of the list. It is the applicants’ responsibility to study the school background of their selections before they submit the application form. You can make the decision according to your interest, the courses offered by the overseas institutions, the living standard of the destination and the language requirement of the overseas institutions, etc.

Q7: Do I need to take any official English proficiency exam before I apply for exchange?
It depends on the application requirement of your school selections. On the school selection list posted by FBA, there is a column showing the language requirement of every school. You can refer to the requirement when preparing the English proficiency exam. 

Q8: When will there be an interview? Is it compulsory?
Interview will normally be held one or two weeks after the submission of the application. It is not compulsory for every student, and it is adopted by the selection panel's decision, but not by the number of applicant and the quota.

Q9: What to do next if I’m accepted to the exchange programme?

You need to prepare application to the school assigned to you. Depending on different institutions, you need to prepare various documents when apply. Usually you can find the application requirement on the website of the overseas institution.

Q10: How can I apply for accommodation?
The exchange students usually stay at the dormitory of the overseas institution. You need to browse the exchange webpage of the overseas institution and get to know the method to apply for accommodation overseas.

Q11: Is health insurance mandatory? How can I get one?
We highly recommend our exchange students to have an insurance package that covers health, traffic and accident, etc. Most of the overseas institutions require exchange students provide a copy of their health insurance, as the medical expenses for foreigners are very expensive in many countries. Some overseas institutions helps students to buy their local student insurance package, you may try to contact your overseas institution if you currently do not have one.

Q12: What kind of documents is required for Visa application?
FBA would provide one Chinese Testimonial, one English Testimonial, two Official Transcripts in English and one Letter of Exchange signed by our associate dean (curriculum and teaching) to you. You also need the hard copy of the letter of acceptance issued by the overseas institution to apply for the Visa. The letter of acceptance would be sent to FBA general office by the overseas institution, and you can pick it up once we receive it.

Q13: How can Mainland China students enter Macau when they come back and they do not have a Visa of Macau?
Before you come back from your exchange country, you can write an email or letter to UM registry and ask for a Testimonial sending to your current address. 

Mainland China citizen can enter Macau with CHINA PASSPORT and Visa of another country if your plane land in Macau or Hong Kong. 

For Macau and Hong Kong, you can stay for 7 days. 
Hong Kong: https://www.immd.gov.hk/hkt/services/visas/visit_transit.html

If you land in Hong Kong airport, you can also take the AIR-SEA service to Macau.
Then, within your stay permission of 7 days in Macau, you can apply for the visa for the next academic year.

Q14: How does credit transfer work?
When you finish your study at the overseas institution, they would send your official transcript to UM. With your official transcript, you can submit the course exemption application to FBA general office. For more questions regarding to credit transferal, please refer to the general guideline of learning agreement on our website.

Q15: Can I transfer the credits I earned from summer programme to UM?
If you want to transfer the credits earned from summer programme, you need to submit learning agreement to FBA general office before departure as other exchange students. FBA would assist you to obtain approvals of each proposed courses before your exchange study. Unapproved courses might not be able to transfer back to UM.

Above are for reference only, all updated information please check the official websites of the overseas institutions or government departments by yourself. Thanks.